STEPS TO FILE A CLAIM FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS VIA THE INTERNET
- Log on to http://www.coworkforce.com/
- On the top far left of the homepage look for the Unemployment Benefits title in blue;
- Double click on File A Claim, which is listed under the title Unemployment Benefits;
- Read the entire Overview to the bottom of the page;
- Once you complete the Overview double click on File a Claim located at the bottom of the overview and read everything carefully and follow the instructions;
- Make sure when you are completed with the claim you print out the confirmation page.
Please note the following:
- It can take up to five weeks for your claim to be processed;
- Shortly after filing your claim you will receive an Unemployment Insurance Handbook for Claimants (please read it thoroughly);
- The customer service number is (303) 318-8000, which, is constantly busy and you can be on hold for hours. If you physically go to the Department of Labor & Employment located at 633 17th Street, Suite 201, Denver, CO 80202-3660 and leave a message at the front desk requesting a representative to call you, they will call you back the same day. (Please note that you cannot talk to a representative in person).
- You are paid bi-weekly.
|»»»UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE HANDBOOK FOR CLAIMANTS«««|